Google Apps Email Migration
Providing a safety net for any unforeseen issues.
LANhome TECHnologies’ expertise in supporting any-size deployments of Google Apps helps our clients reduce support staff spending and mitigate risk. With direct access to Google’s support organization and escalation processes, you can confidently rely on us to support your deployments and save you time and money.
Individual users/Client side:
- Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook® This standalone utility lets you migrate Microsoft Outlook® mail, contacts, and calendar events (including recurring meetings) to Google Apps. You can import data to Google Apps from a Microsoft® Exchange profile or PST file. You then work with your data from the Google Apps web interface.
- Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® (Google Apps for Business and Education only). This Microsoft Outlook® plugin lets you use Outlook as a client application for accessing your Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendars. You can also use it to migrate Outlook mail, contacts, and calendar events (including recurring meetings) to Google Apps. You can import data to Google Apps from a Microsoft® Exchange profile or PST file. That data is then synchronized between Google Apps and your Outlook client.
- Gmail’s Mail Fetcher is configured with each user’s email account (rather than in the Google Apps control panel) and allows your users to fetch mail from both Gmail and non-Gmail accounts. Fetched mail is inserted into your users’ Google Apps Email accounts. With this method, migration is performed on a user-by-user basis. Use this method if transferring existing data isn’t required but each user has the option of transferring mail. Note: When fetching mail from a Gmail or Google Apps account, use the Gmail POP server settings described here .
- Google Email Uploader for Mac is a desktop utility that runs on Mac OS X, and uploads email archives from Apple Mail, Eudora, Thunderbird, as well as exported Entourage mail and other mbox and Maildir archives to your Google Apps mailbox.
Google Email Uploader is available for all editions of Google Apps. Email Uploader queries are not supported by Google Apps. For detailed instructions and troubleshooting, please visit:Issues and Discussion Group .
- Gmail’s import email and contacts feature allows your users to fetch mail from non-Gmail accounts like Yahoo!, Hotmail, or AOL. With this method, migration can be performed on a user-by-user basis. To enable this feature, follow the instructions in Allow users to import mail and contacts from other providers.
Migrate your email from all the major platforms
- Google Apps Migration for Microsoft® Exchange (for IMAP and Microsoft Exchange, Google Apps for Business and Education only). Recommended for Microsoft® Exchange Server 2003 and 2007, as well as any RFC 501-compliant IMAP servers, like Novell Groupwise, Cyrus, Courier, or Dovecot. Migrate mail to Google Apps for IMAP and Microsoft Exchange mail servers. On Microsoft Exchange, you can also migrate personal contacts and calendars.
- Google Apps Migration for Lotus Notes (Google Apps for Business and Education only). Native Lotus Notes database tool that migrates mail, calendar, contacts, and group information from your Notes accounts to Google Apps.
- Email Migration API (Google Apps for Business and Education only). You can enable this API for your domain in the Settings > Email section of the control panel. See the chart below for more information.
- Partner Solutions for migration . Find vendors whose solutions integrate with and extend Google’s offering for migration.
- IMAP mail migration (Deprecated). A tool to transfer the existing contents of users’ mailboxes from an IMAP server to Google Apps. This utility has been deprecated and will no longer be available as of April 30, 2011. If you are migrating from an IMAP server, use Google Apps Migration for Microsoft® Exchange instead.
Deployment Fast Track
LANhome TECHnologies deployment and migration packages give you the level of service you need at a price you can afford. We take away the headaches by including everything you need to keep normal business operations running during the transition.
LANhome TECHnologies deployment and migration packages give you the level of service you need at a price you can afford. We take away the headaches by including everything you need to keep normal business operations running during the transition
Lotus Notes / Domino
With over 25 years of combined experience in Lotus Notes and Domino, our team knows the unique requirements of Lotus Notes and Domino environments, regardless of the current platform version or total number of users.
IMAP / POP / Other
We’ve migrated many companies from: BPOS, IMAP, POP and many more to Google Apps. Our experience in planning and configuring GroupWise gives us the confidence to smoothly transition any size organization.You name it, we can do it.Contact us to learn more.